Monday, August 6, 2012

Portal 2, Game of Thrones, Halloween Horror Night theme, and a new job

I'm sure by this point most people have at least heard about this game. To be honest, I just got into this game recently at the suggestion of one of my guy friends. He just thought it was my kind of game and he was right. I was totally addicted and though it causes a lot of headaches especially because of the first person view (these kind of games just hurt my head for some reason), but I endured and I had to say that I found it interesting. So I purchased the sequel. I haven't finished it yet but I'm like in Chapter 7 or something and pretty close to the ending I believe. >___>....I have to play it in small doses because the view with the combination of the puzzles give me headaches. That and I feel if you step away for a moment and come back later you might see something different you didn't originally see.

 

There was actually a part with the companion cube where it's offered to you and then cruelly destroyed when you pick it up. It made me realize how much I loved the damn thing. My feelings were actually crushed. Stupid Gladdos! I don't know who did this art by the way. So kudos and credit to the original creator. I ain't trying to steal it or claim it's mine.
  So kept hearing such rave reviews about this show online and from friends, so I thought I would give it a shot. We had a viewing party at a friend's house who has HBO on demand and I was pretty much hooked after the first ten minutes of the episode. Please note that I knew absolutely nothing about this series besides its name. Didn't know the cast, plot, genre, etc. And I was surprised by obviously how much money was invested in this show. The costumes and location look pretty great but the story and the acting was what blew me away. I am only a few episodes in but I have to say that Khaleesi is my favorite character so far. I mean at first she seems like a push over and a wimp but she looks like she might grow some nerve.
Oh and Tyrion Lannister of course. He is simply hilarious. If his character was real, I would love to be his best friend. A lot of the advice doled out by his character is good even for reality.

 So since I live in Florida, it is only natural for me to know/be excited about Halloween Horror Nights. Now I am NOT a fan of horror/gore/anything scary in general. i am the biggest coward you will ever meet. I have screamed in Jumper, Brave, and various video games such as Portal 2 when I thought I was falling to my death after my light beam path gave out underneath me unexpectedly. But even I am a tiny bit curious about this years HHN. That is because this year's theme is the video game franchise turned movies "Silent Hill" and AMC's new hit zombie survival tv show "The Walking Dead".

I realize that I am contradicting myself by even mentioning anything horror related after I just said that I am the biggest scaredy cat but my good friend, Mandy (not her real name), absolutely lives for horror survival video games and my older sister adores zombie movies. Thus there are occasions where I am dragged along for the ride. So even though I have a natural...aversion for fear/horror I am seriously considering attending and I predict that using these themes for HHN will probably attract their largest crowd yet. I am no marketing expert though so this is just my own speculation.

Also I am now employed once again! Yaaayy me! And it only took....a month to find one. It seemed like a lot to me but from what I hear of my fellow unemployed friends I am quite fortunate. Must thank God for the little things (I'm not being sarcastic either). I have a few days of orientation to attend before my real job actually begins but I am quite satisfied already. I will get paid decent, have insurance, vacation time, and holidays. Plus the office I work at, though a bit small, has a great view of the outside world. Today I saw a guy walking around with pink and green shoes! LOL! You don't really realize how much sunlight and a view of the sky helps stimulate work until you've worked in a small cubicle with no view of anything...besides the copier.

No comments:

Post a Comment