Saturday, September 1, 2012

Card Captor Sakura in espanol and Ashita no Nadja

So I've been pretty busy lately. School's started up again. Full time job with lots of overtime. On average I work ten hours a day. Soon homework and exams are going to be crushing my spirit of lightheartedness (is that a real word?) but for now I will enjoy my last three day weekend free of worries. Went up north to see a guy I'm kinda seeing (lol seeing. but yeah its complicated) and I'm glad I got to spend time with him. But enough with the personal junk.

Been rewatching "Card Captor Sakura" and I have to say I love the damn series. And the spanish dub is simply wonderful. I met "Card Captor Sakura" in its horrible mutilated form known as "Cardcaptors", which had heavy cuts and altering in an effort to make Li (pictured below, boy blushing) look as much of a main character as Sakura was. If I hadn't watched it in spanish in Colombia, i would've never known it was altered.
It was a good show on its own, it didn't need to be edited. I guess cause they were trying to market to boys and boys really don't care about cute clothes or stuff (for the most part. I mean bronies do exist). COSTUMES! Though I'll admit not all of them were winners.



 While I do own the complete series now in its pure uncut state, I found myself longing to hear Sakura speak spanish. So while I tried my best to go through legit sources to buy the series in spanish. Currently there seems to be none on sale, so my friend Rena (name has been changed to protect privacy) downloaded it for me. And I am loving it.
 The series isn't perfect. They're are some highly unrealistic episodes where its like...."BULL****!". I realize its an anime and the very premise is unrealistic to begin with (thought deep deep down I do believe in magic...and faries, got your back Tinkerbell!)...but for anyone who has seen the series you will totally get my gripes. There is one particular episode with the SLEEP card, where it was putting everyone who was working on Sakura's (the weird haircut brunette pictured below) father's big history presentation. And though Sakura manages to capture and seal the card in the process she breaks her father's laptop. ...And he doesn't get mad. He didn't even look upset. He was all like "no worries". The guy didn't even scream at her! I mean come on. I mean, I know all families are different but quoting my friend Mandy, "If I did that, my father would beat me with that broken laptop." LOL oh Mandy I love you.

 

Rejoice now, lovers of magical girl/just downright adorable anime! You won't believe what I found. This anime has been out for a while and is simply so adorable, it makes me sad that it hasn't been brought over. Even wrote a letter to Funimation suggesting they bring it. I am talking about "Ashita no Nadja", which roughly translate to "Nadja's Tomorrow".


http://niko-niko.net/nadja/wall2-1152x864.jpg


Just look at this artwork! Simply freaking adorable! I haven't finished the series yet but I'm in a pretty good chunk. Like episode 30 or something. Now I don't want to ruin anything because really its a wonderful story. It revolves around twelve year old orphan named Nadja (pictured above) who lost her parents at a young age. Her most treasured possession is her brooch which was a gift from her deceased mother.
Nadja's Brooch

 However, Nadja receives a mysterious present for her thirteenth birthday, a beautiful dress, a diary, and a letter telling her that her mother is alive. A series of events occur triggered by these gifts and she is forced to flee the only home she has ever known and begin a long journey to find and reunite with her mother. After learning that she is being hunted, she becomes a dancer with the Dandelion Troupe for protected, in order to travel around and search for clues about her past. Which is full with adventure, peril, and of course plenty, plenty of romance.

I strongly recommend this show. If you liked Card Captor Sakura and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you will love this show as well. I would say it is very kid friendly but I would definetly say PG-13. There is some violence and some pretty scary scenarios at times.
I'm only saying this because my older sis has a co-worker who isn't too familiar with anime and she let her thirteen year old watch "Death Note". And...it resulted in some problems at school because apparently the kid made his own Death Note book and started carrying around and quite frankly scared the crap out of his classmates. Apparently this incident has occurred all over the place, you can look it up if you want to know more about those incidents.
 Now I'm not really a fan of the show, saw a few episodes couldn't really get into it, but I know from those few episodes I saw that this was definitely a  15 and up show. Parents really should try to monitor what their kids watch. After a certain age, I realize its pointless but you know at least for the first 15 years...care a little more about what they watch/read/play (pc or videogames). 

No comments:

Post a Comment