Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ayu, the Empress of J-POP

I think Ayumi Hamasaki will always be my favorite musical artist of all time. I received her remix album as a birthday present from a very good friend a while back. It was the ayu-mi-x 7 Limited Edition Complete Box set. Even came with some gorgeous high quality glossy posters to boot. It just amazes me how the mood of a song can be completely changed by a...remixer? I really don't know the correct terminology. I won't lie, sometimes I feel Ayu sells out a bit in order to pump out those brand new albums. I think she's averaging one a year now. I'm not sure. I have fallen behind in my collection as I am missing Love Songs, Five (mini album), and Party Queen. Though I really want to collect them all (like Pokemon XD) I can't since I have bills to pay. I really do love her and respect her for what she does. For the most part, she writes all the lyrics for the music. But I heard that lately she has been delegating some other parts like composing to others. I think that's what happened on her Guilty album and I was really disappointed with that album. Most of the songs really didn't appeal to me at first and it took a while for it to grow on me. But Rock n Roll Circus and Next Level were great albums and the music videos were pretty good too. Hopefully the new albums that I will buy soon will be just as good.








It was purchased on YesAsia.com which is a pretty reliable source for getting a ton of Asian goods that go beyond CDs. I have personally never had a problem with them. And any purchase from their actually counts on the Oricon, which is like the Japanese version of the Billboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment